Paul Whelan is being wrongfully detained, and no government official of conscience should want him to suffer needlessly, as he is doing now.
The Whelan family is doing their best, but our voices alone won't make a difference. Please consider calling your local government representatives (Congressmen, MPs, Premiers, etc.) and letting them know that you are concerned about Paul Whelan, and want to know EXACTLY what is being done to get him out of Russia.
The Embassies of the US, UK, Canada, and Ireland, have all managed to visit him, although the Russian Federation is making this as difficult as possible. The Embassies are concerned about his well-being and health, but keeping an eye on him--although welcome--isn't enough to get him out of this awful situation. This is a situation that could happen to any citizen traveling abroad, and we need to encourage the governments to work together on Paul Whelan's behalf.
- Here's how you find your Representative in the USA https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
- And here's a link to find your Senators https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
- In Canada, Senators https://sencanada.ca/en/senators/ and Members of Parliament http://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP
- In the UK, https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
- In Ireland, find your TDs and Senators https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/members/